A hearty second to that motion.  I always look forward to the daily post, just
for purposes of keeping in overall touch with what is going on in the state.
And if I am headed off on an excursion away from my home area, I always take a
quick look at that great county-by-county listing to make sure that I haven't
missed something in the flurry of posts to Cobirds that we get, especially this
time of year.

As to birding in Colorado, I remember many years ago, when I was very new to
birding, I asked my mentor where he would live, if he could pick anywhere in
the country.  I expected to hear "the Valley in Texas", "southeast Arizona", or
somewhere on the west coast.  Instead he said, "Right here in Colorado".  After
all the years, I have to agree.  Other than an ocean, we have everything right
in our backyard.  When I recently hosted some east coast folks for an outing
around the state, they were literally astounded at the variety of habitats and
birds that we have.  Having visited the northwest sage flats, the mountains,
the prairies, the southeast corner and the Pawnee, they went away with an
entirely new understanding of birding in Colorado.  I always enjoy seeing our
home state through the eyes of those not privileged to live here.

Norm Lewis
Lakewood