At 6 am I went out to get the paper and was greeted by the rich song of the
Summer Tanager!! What a great comparison to the surrounding robin songs.
 It was high in my westernmost cottonwood tree in back along with an Empid.
 I watched the tanager until it took off to the north.

I am leaving for Ohio, but anyone is welcome to look in the neighborhood
for this bird.  I live at 545 W. Fir Way, which is about 1/4 mile east of
the Recreation Center.

Paula Hansley