Hi all

First the CPER-area is blanketed in flowers-a first in our 12 years--and
green.  Simply beautiful--mostly the white evening primrose (like snow) but
some "orange" ones and some "purple" ones (my wife knows the names).  Took
photos posting later in day.

New birds are Cassin's Sparrow, Western Wood Pewee along Weld CR 102 near
Weld CR 41; Common Nighthawk at Weld Cr 33/Weld CR 102.  We saw Bullsnakes,
and a Painted Turtle on Weld CR 102 (a first!)-we removed him and the
snakes off the road-to avoid a rancher death.

Latham did not have anything beyond the usual sans Great Egret, Blue
Grosbeak pair.

Thanks Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://coloradobirder.ning.com/
Mobile:  http://coloradobirder.ning.com/m