Date:  9 July 2014
Time:  1030-1130

It took me a few days to chase down these birds, but I followed up on the
Mountain Plover sightings from Mark Chavez (I believe on the 6th or 7th of
July).
In the same area, I found 3 Mountain Plovers, and I also found and
photographed a McCown's Longspur just a little east of there and a
Grasshopper Sparrow just a little west of there.

There was a truck parked along the road for pipeline construction.  The
entire time I was there, I only saw two other vehicles.  The first scared
one of the plovers just as he was getting really close to me.  The other
blew up my chance at getting a better picture of the sparrow.  Timing.  Oh,
well.  I remind myself that roads are for driving and it's me that's being
the nuisance.  Sigh

John Breitsch
Denver, Colorado
https://www.flickr.com/photos/breitschbirding/