COBIRDS: what a beautiful morning in extreme SW Grand Co., where I spent
about 1.7 hours slowly working CR 111 for about 1.6 miles above Radium,
mainly PJ woods.  Although there are not any summer/fall records of
Black-throated Gray Warblers in eBird for the county (coverage artifact?),
they were the commonest species (18 on the tally sheet), all in mixed-spp
flocks.  [I did not hear a song of any bird species this morning.]  Other
mentionables: 1 Gray Flycatcher, 4 Black-chinned Hummingbirds, 1
Red-breasted Nuthatch (post-breeding disperser), 1 Ruby-crowned Kinglet
(ditto), and, for me, the biggest surprise ... a Scrub Jay (solo wandering
bird -- no scrub oak anywhere that I could see.  Gruesome details
at: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S19463432.   Van Remsen
(currently in Walden)