Thanks, Ted. Centennial (Orchard and Colorado Blvd): Really damp out,,,East Coast bone chilling high humidity. Mild NE breeze, under 3 mph, or stillness. One seep in 5 minutes...Around midnight I heard about one bird every 2 min. Back to bed, see what's around in a couple of hours.
Karl Stecher
Centennial

Ted Floyd writes:
Hello, Birders. Here's a real-time report from Lafayette, eastern Boulder County, ca. 4:20 a.m., Thurs. morning, Sept. 11. Low cloud ceiling, 51 degrees Fahrenheit, winds out of the north. We're not quite yet down to the dew point, but with all the humidity, it should be a mess if the temp drops another degree or two. Haven't heard a peep--I mean a tsweep--in the 20 minutes I've been out here. Regarding upsweeping tsweeps, I agree that they can be Spizella sparrows. Also Vesper Sparrows, White-crowned Sparrows, and Orange-crowned Warblers. All the Spizellas (well, n=2) on a quick check yesterday afternoon (Wednesday, Sept. 10) of Greenlee Preserve, Boulder County, were Clay-colors, for what it's worth. And a decent pulse of Orange-crowned Warblers (but Wilson's still dominating). A Gray Flycatcher was a nice empid (Dusky seen and heard, too).
Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado