----- Forwarded Message -----
From: "Steve Bouricius bouri...@earthlink.net [wsbn]"
<wsbn-nore...@yahoogroups.com>
To: Western Slope Birders Network <w...@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 8:19 PM
Subject: [wsbn] Re:  Costa's Hummingbird #3 banded in Grand Junction

The Costa's Hummingbird in Grand Junction was still present this morning.  The
hosts, Larry and Twanna Cooksey, graciously welcome birders to view the bird
from their courtyard at 2217 Tuscany.

Directions:  From Redlands Parkway, continue west on S. Broadway about 0.6 mi.
and turn left on South Camp Road (the street sign is missing); take S. Camp to
Renaissance Blvd., turn left on Renaissance, then right on Tuscany to 2217.
Please enter the gate from the Montero Street side, left of the garage door.

Morning is the best time to see the bird as it may not be present for long
periods during mid day.  I suggest leaving the bird to feed undisturbed in late
afternoon.  There is seating on the patio but you might want to be prepared
with a folding chair.  The courtyard is intimate and the feeders close so a
quiet atmosphere may be important to seeing the bird.  She often perches deep
in the aspen at the west end of the court yard.

If you do see the Costa's Hummingbird, I would appreciate a posting here or a
note to me with the time and date.  Thanks,

Steve Bouricius
Palisade