My girlfriend was watching the Broncos game last night and they showed a
shot of City Park at sunset. There were many more geese on the lake than I
had seen at midday a few days ago, so today I went back about 4:00 and
watched flocks of geese slowly trickle in for the evening.

In a large flock feeding on the lawn between the museum and the lake I
found a blue-morph SNOW GOOSE (likely the same one I have seen in this area
the last two winters) and a bright white goose that looked good for ROSS'S
GOOSE -- though it seemed a little big and the bill a little long (didn't
seem triangular, but definitely no grin patch). I am wondering if it might
be a Snow x Ross's hybrid, or maybe I'm just over-thinking it. No pictures
taken. If anyone goes out to see it, let me know what you think. Best time
for goose-viewing is 4 - 5 pm.

Chris Rurik
Denver CO / Gig Harbor WA