Hello, Birders.

Back on Wed., Dec. 10, I saw and briefly digiscoped a bird with characters
of FUERTES'S HAWK. That is not the same thing as saying I saw a Fuertes's
Hawk. Location: near the intersection of 61st and Valmont, Boulder County.
Here's a link to the photo and discussion: http://tinyurl.com/FuHa-12-10

Something else. From time to time on COBirds, we discuss the use of
four-letter codes (a.k.a. "banding codes" or "alpha codes"). Some people
hate them. Some people swear by them. Nobody is neutral. And I note that
there's an interesting commentary and discussion about all of this, going
on right now, at The ABA
Blog: http://blog.aba.org/2014/12/open-mic-the-deal-with-alpha-codes-part-1.html

I'm just the messenger. Although if you want my opinion on the use of
four-letter codes in birding listserves, I'm the guy with his finger stuck
far down his throat... :-)

Seasons greetings to all of you!

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County, Colorado