Lisa Edwards and I counted birds in Pueblo Mountain Park (among other places)
in Beulah, Pueblo County today for the Lake Isabel CBC.  We were able to see
two Acorn Woodpeckers at the Horseshoe Lodge parking lot, in the big dead
ponderosa pine tree, where they breed.  These birds seem to be all year
residents now, which is pretty cool.  This is the 2nd time for the species on
the Lake Isabel CBC, and two birds is a record high for all Colorado CBCs.  So
far, only two Colorado CBCs have had this species, as far as I know.  Colorado
Springs (twice) and Lake Isabel (twice).
I think the species total for today's Lake Isabel CBC, (compiler Dave
Silverman) is at least 70 species, which is above average.  Some highlights:
Brown Thrasher, White-winged Dove, Lapland Longspur, Northern Pygmy-Owl,
Northern Saw-whet Owls, Northern Goshawk among others, that I'm probably
forgetting.  There seemed to be good numbers of Mountain Bluebirds, American
Tree Sparrows, and Cassin's Finches.
Brandon Percival
Pueblo West, CO