I followed up on the report of the Pine Warbler at Denver West. I'd never
been there before, and sort of expected a hunt for a needle in a pine
grove. But as it turned out the *Pine Warbler* appeared within 6 minutes of
my arrival! (First noted about 9:30 am) It was in trees along Cole Blvd to
the west of Building 6, esp around a light pole with the number 08 over 48.
This is several 100 yards west of where it was reported yesterday, but I
assume it is the same bird. That area west of Building 6 and a circuit to
Building 7 and in Lena Gulch area had great activity with approx 300 *Am.
Robins*, 70 *Cedar Waxwings*, an adult *Nor. Goshawk*, *Merlin*, 4 *Brown
Creepers*, 14 *Red-breasted Nuts*, 1 *Ruby-crowned Kinglet*, 1 *Mourning
Dove*, and fly overs of three each of *Red Crossbills *(Type 2) and *Cassin's
Finches*. The greatest activity was west of Building 6, though.

Later I went east to South Prince Road north of Deer Trail, Arapahoe Co.,
following up on reports longspurs. Between County Road 18 and Stanford I
found large numbers of *Horned Larks*, with approx 120 *Lapland Longspurs*,
4 *Chestnut-collared* and 1 *McCown's*. One *Snow Bunting* flew over with
longspurs just north of CR 18.

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO