Folks,

After dropping off my wife in Pueblo, I went to Canon City to work on the wren
situation. I found a vocal stub-tailed, or ‘cocktail wren’ and recorded it.  I
am sure it is the same bird seen, photographed and recorded on January 1 and
10.  My feeling is this bird is a typical Winter Wren, but I will defer to
experts.  You can hear the bird at the youtube link below.  I heard only one
wren for sure.  While attempting to photograph this enigma, I saw and
photographed a slate-colored Fox Sparrow in the same location.  A previously
discovered Western Screech-Owl was apparent in it’s massive nest hole north of
the port-a-potty near the Raynolds parking lot.   See pbase link for photos.

http://youtu.be/gLtSktQUl_8  (disregard the photos and listen to the sound
bite, comments encouraged)
http://www.pbase.com/gwalbek/2015_birds

Glenn Walbek