Hello, birders,

Barrow’s Goldeneye continuing this warm, sunny afternoon, same locations as

Barrow’s female, just upriver from the South Platte River Trailhead at 88th
St. & Colorado Ave. in Thornton. Map here. <https://goo.gl/maps/Lrz1p>

Barrow’s male and female and many other ducks much farther upriver,
opposite the two big water tanks, map here. <https://goo.gl/maps/B0aw2>

Beautiful Green-wing Teal doing a lot of toot-tooting. Some handsome
Northern Pintail and Lesser Scaup. One Common Merganser in the foamy rapids.

 Barb & I saw a Mute Swan in a pond next to the north side of 88th St. on
our way to the trailhead, but on our way home it was gone. Will Mute Swan,
national bird of Denmark, get added to the Colorado State List? Maybe
someday. (Hans Christian Anderson votes Yes!)

Four photos here. <http://bit.ly/16vFAHb>

Best,
Tom Wilberding
Boulder, CO