Thanks for this great find! Unfortunately the ducks' location wasn't as
cooperative today. I stopped by both the north and south ends of Windsor
Lake, in the morning as well as in the late afternoon. It would appear that
there were probably still quite a few Mallards (over 1000?) present, but
they were all carefully located *exactly* in the middle of the lake (a
partial ice covering apparently makes this a good location?). So, there was
little chance an American Black Duck would be viewable for identification
purposes by scope from either end of the reservoir. Where's an eagle when
you need one? I hope the ducks move one way or the other again and someone
else has better luck.

Kevin Keirn
Fort Collins, CO