Date:  10 March 2015
Time:  1240 - 1510
Weather: Sunny, mild

I took a leisurely walk/hike up Mt Reynolds Park today.  I only saw 11
species and managed to lug my camera the entire time without taking a
single picture.  I did, however see a Dusky Grouse that flushed from 25
feet above me on a hillside.  Also, in a mixed flock of Mountain Chickadees
and Brown Creepers, I saw a Golden-crowned Kinglet.

This is only significant to me because it had been 2,136 days since my last
G-c Kinglet sighting.  For all of you literature majors** out there, that
is less than two months short of six years.  My half decade long bout of
futility has finally ended.  That futility included at least two dozen days
last year specifically devoted to questing for this species.  So, on to new
and better goals.  I think I'll now try to get a better picture of a
Golden-crowned Kinglet than the one I have from 2009.  I'm getting the
sense of deja vu.  I'm getting the sense of deja vu.

The grouse was up Eagle's View Trail.  The kinglet and company were on
Raven's Roost near the bottom of that trail.

** I was truly just joking about the literature majors, so I hope I didn't
offend anyone.  I was just picking a major that wasn't math related.  It
takes a highly intelligent and ambitious person to even under take getting
the noble degree of literature (too much?).

Happy Birding

John Breitsch
Denver, CO
https://www.flickr.com/photos/breitschbirding/