I took a rather easy day wandering around the Greely area today. Water it's
number were decent and ring-billed gulls were around in very high numbers but
many winter species, like Herring Gull were difficult to find.

The lower Latham area had thousands of ring-billed gulls between behren's
reservoir and and lower Latham itself. Pintail, green-winged teal and redhead
were best represented. A very good number of Canada and Cackling geese remain.
Two Greater White-fronted Geese were at Loloff. The best bird was a female
Mexican x Mallard also at Loloff. My only Herring gull of the day was at Lower
Latham in flight.

Eaton and Evans Cemetery had little diversity but both had Brown Creeper and
Eaton had a single Golden-crowned Kinglet.

Wind hit me at Wood's Lake and a huge number of purely ring-billed gulls and
good number of ducks were around there and a Windsor lake. But the late
afternoon heat waves and real waves led me to miss a lot.

A nice day out in the sun.

Nick Moore
Boulder