All,
I manged a bit of time out over the last few days, some with and some
without my family.  A few highlights, some of which may just be not real
notable as this is my first spring in CO.  One thing that is amazing is
that I can't go anywhere and not trip on a House Wren or Spotted Towhee
right now!

*2 May 2015*
South Valley Park, Jefferson Co.
I hiked ~3.5 miles with my wife and daughter.
31 - Spotted Towhees and all singing males. I never saw a female.
3 - Blue-gray Gnatcatchers.  These western birds "mew" very differently
than easterns!

Our yard in Littleton, Jeff Co
Finally got a hummingbird at the feeder (female Black-chinned).  Leave it
to my almost 3 yr old to tell me there was a hummingbird at the feeder and
low and behold I look around the side of the house and there was our first
hummer at the feeder!  She's quite the birder for being almost 3.
Broad-tails have been heard for a few days, but I haven't seen one at the
feeder yet.

*3 May 2015*
Chatfield SP, Douglas Co., while cycling
Least Flycatcher calling by Kingfisher bridge (with at least 5 House
Wrens).

One Yellow Warbler on the Jeff Co side near the mouth of Deer Creek.  The
yellows here really slur their song like an American Redstart (I thought I
heard a redstart there Saturday afternoon while cycling and pulling the
kiddo, but wasn't completely sure, so I guess it was one of these western
yellows).  Lark Sparrows singing in both counties. I heard Broad-tails
everywhere (guess I wasn't pedaling hard enough!)

I also heard and then saw a pair of Brewer's Blackbirds south of Chatfield
by the prairie dog town at Waterton rd and N Rampart Range rd.  My first
Brewer's since we moved here.  Not bad for birding while out for a hard
bike ride!

*4 May 2015*
Barr Lake SP, Adams Co, in the early morning rain for an hour by the Nature
Center (no white-eyed vireo)
2 singing eastern Warbling Vireos
Yellow Warbler - another western bird that sounds more like an Am Redstart
to me. Managed to get some nice looks at the bird singing what is a very
different song to me.  Even the tone seems a little different than eastern
yellow's.

Weld Co birds:
Lower Latham Res
Numerous Marsh Wrens and a spontaneously calling Sora.  Only found Least
sandpipers with the usual Wilson Phals, Avcoets and Black-necked Stilts.

Briggsdale area - at least 2 Brewer's Sparrows just south of the elementary
school with usual grassland species, incl a couple Grasshopper Sparrows up
the road.

Murphy's Pasture area of Pawnee NG
I took my time cruising down CR96 and had a lot of nice birds.  Great looks
at a couple McCown's Longspurs displaying.  At least 6 Grasshopper
Sparrows, and plenty of other sparrows to sort through.  Interesting to see
White-crowned Sparrows literally 4 miles from a shrub. This was the first
time I'd seen Lark Buntings displaying.  I could watch and listen to that
all day.
Checklist (photos incl):

Not especially notable, but I saw a N Mockingbird by one of the in-holdings
in Pawnee.  Took me 2 months to find one in CO and there was about 1 sec of
excitement on that bird.

Nothing notable at Crow Valley Campground.

Morgan Co - Jackson Reservoir
My first time there and I definitely need to learn how to bird the area,
but didn't have enough time to explore thoroughly.
Oodles of Western Grebes (800+) and some Eared Grebes
1 Sanderling popped up on the rocks by the boat launch
1 Forster's tern
Nice looks at various plumages of Calif Gulls and some nice breeding
plumage Franklin's Gulls (which are really under rated!).

I didn't take many photos yesterday, but a few start here:
http://www.pbase.com/shoeman/image/159951394

Good birding,
Scott Somershoe
Littleton CO