Early this morning I swung through Chatfield SP with the kiddo to see the
flooding on "her beach" and relocated the Cattle Egret that was reported to
eBird yesterday (I don't think it was posted here).  Anyway, the bird was
feeding on the side of the road by the flooded fields west of Kingfisher
Bridge (Jefferson Co.).  Lots of worms in the road and the blackbirds and
starlings were having a worm buffet for breakfast.

Plenty of other birds singing this morning, but I couldn't hear much over
the chatter from the back seat (and the yellow warblers, a couple least
flycatchers, and the ubiquitous House Wrens).

The water is supposed to rise a couple more feet (according to the SP web
site), which would flood over the road west of kingfisher bridge where the
Cattle Egret was hanging out.  It wouldn't take much to flood over the road
now!

Good birding,
Scott Somershoe
Littleton, CO