When my uncle Van and I use to do Big Days, there were not cell phones back
then.  So this wasn't a problem.  If we happened to run into other birders
during our big day route, we tried our best not to get bird information
from them, since we were trying to obey the ABA Big Day rules.  I don't
think ABA has changed their rules about getting bird information during the
Big Day.  Maybe they have, I don't know since I haven't done Big Days
recently.  I think Van and I have the single Colorado County Big Day record
for Colorado.  It was in Pueblo County and I think we had 168 species, if I
remember correctly (I think the entire county had 200 species that day).
We didn't really find any major rarities like everyone else was that day.

Brandon K. Percival
Pueblo West, CO