Hi COBirders,

We ventured South to las Animas Co/Trinidad for two new State birds Thursday,
getting both in 30 minutes!

A Hepatic Tanager male was in the area described recently by others - 0.8 mi. W
of MM 65 on H-12. I would add - the site is at the top of a hill and roadcut.
There is a driveway to a gate just W of there, with a wide place to pull off
the road. I found the bird 200 yards East of the driveway, on the north side of
the road, along the fence and powerlines. Never heard it sing or call.

The Anna's Hummingbird male continues at the Tennery home, along with a Rufous
HB male, nesting VG Swallows, and others. Special thanks to Paul for the great
hospitality! We also had many birds on the 4-mile drive in, including Lazuli
Buntings, several Black-headed Grosbeaks, W Kingbirds, Say's Phoebe,  "Empid
sp.", WW Pewees, Chipping Sparrows, and Lesser Goldfinches. A pretty good
morning!

Have a good weekend,
Steve Brown
Colorado Springs