The Fall Count at the Audubon Nature Center/Chatfield trails (Sept. 12) picked
up a respectable 56 species, and the "Drive around" from Waterton Bridge to
Roxborough Park road, past the entrance to Roxborough State Park, counted 22
species, 6 of them additional to the nature center species.

The Nature Center specialized in unusual flycatchers: 2 Eastern Phoebes at the
Water Board pond and a Gray Flycatcher on the road between the Gazebo & the
parking lot. We counted 3 Black-chinned hummingbirds. In contrast to Joey
Kellner's Chatfield tally, we had 2 each Plumbeous & Warbling Vireos and 4
Western Tanagers.

Hugh Kingery
  Franktown, CO