I drove over to Tunnel Drive at the far west end of Canon City today
looking for Rufous-crowned Sparrows and found 2.  They were in the company
of Canyon Towhees, an association I frequently observe in this location.  I
got some reasonably good pics of them that I have uploaded to my Birds and
Nature blog <http://birdsandnature.blogspot.com/>.  A Canyon Wren called
and finally sang it's song one time.  Lot of Lesser Goldfinch in that
location-I suspect some are migrating and stopped over due to weather.

Also a flock of about 65 Sandhill Cranes circled a number of times at
fairly low altitude (due to overcast conditions?) then headed up into the
Royal Gorge canyon--I never can figure out why birds migrating fly the
directions they do.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City
http://BirdsAndNature.blogspot.com