I wish I had redpolls or rosy-finches in my yard, but I can't claim that
joy yet. Still, there were highlights in the yard on this snowy day. An
impressive adult *Northern Goshawk* put in an appearance early on, landing
for a time in my neighbor's yard and sending the local magpies into fits. I
saw a *Harris's Sparrow* twice in the front yard, and it may have been
around more but the snow was piled high enough to block my views of much of
my ground feeding station. Two *White-winged Juncos* joined the junco
flock, for my first observation of that form in Ken Caryl Valley. Six
flavors of juncos were in the yard today.

David Suddjian
Littleton, CO