This morning I spotted a Great Horned Owl nesting under  the overhanging
ledge of a shear cliff about 200 ft above the ground.   It was on the a butte
across the river from Pathfinder Park in Fremont  Co.  I assume it was
occupying an abandoned nest left by the ravens that  once nested at this site.

GHOW on  nest

Butte

The picture above shows the cliff where the nest is  located.  The
overhanging ledge is the shadowed area just below the top of  butte.  The butte
is
on prison property but can be viewed from Pathfinder  Park.  A scope is
required.

(This is my first attempt to add pics to a cobirds post.)

Rich Miller
Canon City