There was a turkey vulture circling my place today in unincorporated Arapahoe
County, just outside of Littleton. I didn't remember seeing other posts about
vultures except those further south so I thought I'd throw this in.

I still have some of the smaller forms of geese, Richardsons and Lesser Canada
geese, but there are much fewer than there has been. The fighting for
territories has started among the large geese and it can be brutal. Of note,
however, is that they act as if the smaller geese aren't even there as they go
about their battling for position.

    I've had three pairs of hooded mergansers here on the upper pond for
sometime now and wish they would find somewhere near here to nest…
Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe county, Colorado
Sent from my iPhone