One time on the road between Aspen and the Maroon Bells a male Dusky Grouse
ran towards my car on the road, jumped on the hood and stared at us through
the windshield.  I opened the door to get a photo and he hopped off of the
hood, onto the ground and next thing I knew he was up on my leg and in the
car.  Here's a picture of him on the dashboard.  He later road on top of
the car and when I tried to get him off for his own safety, he chased me up
and down the road biting my legs.

Tim Mitzen

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Dtuoou3yH-8/VylMsMzch2I/AAAAAAAAACk/4LSsrmtrwtcOJjAhyZ7jSy86f80kdmsFgCLcB/s1600/grouse.jpg>