I spent about two hours this morning at Lee Martinez and failed to locate
the Scarlet Tanager reported Monday and Tuesday. I believe two or three
other birders also tried and -- as far as I know -- had no luck. Perhaps
this guy has moved on. I hope others will look and maybe find what I
missed.

On the bright side, I heard a Green Heron call several times from about
8:00 to maybe 8:15 from the swampy area north and just slightly west of the
parking lot, where the bike path forks. There was also a Loggerhead Shrike
perching at the top of the tallest trees along the little creek next to the
bike path, just north and slightly east of the parking lot. Nice
consolation birds on a lovely morning.

John Shenot
Fort Collins, CO