Thanks to everyone who posted and gave me an opportunity see this beautiful
bird. I had seen one once before in Texas but never here and had always want to
see one again!

It was towards the center of the pond, taking a bath, checking things out and
then fishing.

An Osprey landed in the water by the shore. It didn't really look like it was
hunting but it might've been. It took a bath, called out a few times and then
flew off. A white pelican was seen floating on the wind above the pond for a
while as well as a Cooper's hawk that came ripping through.

   There were lots of killdeer and swallows and a spotted Sandpiper or two. So,
other then the little blue heron, there was nothing rare or particularly
noteworthy but was it completely wonderful!
  Birding's the best!
Deb Carstensen, Arapahoe County

Sent from my iPhone