Does this mean the CFO checklist is auto-sync'ed to the eBird (and hence
Clements) taxonomy? Just curious - I note that the 2016 Clements updates
are now released as of today, and I assume the CFO checklist will then be
revised shortly again.

For example, the CFO checklist at the moment (6pm, Aug 10) has an incorrect
family sequence -

[...]
Partridges
Grebes
Pigeons and Doves
Cuckoos
Goatsuckers
Swifts
Hummingbirds
Rails
Cranes
Gulls
Loons
Storks
Herons
Ibises
New World Vultures
Osprey
Hawks, Eagles, etc
[...]

but in fact the order should be
[...]
Partridges
Loons
Grebes
Storks
Herons
Ibises
New World Vultures
Osprey
Hawks, Eagles, etc.
Rails
Cranes
Pigeons and Doves
Cuckoos
Owls
Goatsuckers
Swifts
Hummingbirds
[...]

and so forth. I've left a lot out obviously, but only to illustrate the big
differences better. This should explain some of the confusion mentioned
earlier in this thread about the difficulty of finding some of the family
groups in the new checklist! Things have changed, yes, but not *that* much.
:)

Eric

-------
Eric DeFonso