COBirders,
My dad and I stopped by Big Johnson reservoir late this evening, just after 7,
and found a few nice birds.  There was a RED-NECKED GREBE out in the northern
half of the reservoir and a PACIFIC LOON just west of the grebe.  There was
also another LOON but it was only in view for a brief moment before
disappearing behind the dam.  There was a single RED-NECKED PHALAROPE fairly
close to the island.  There were about 15 BAIRD'S, 1 WESTERN and maybe 10 more
peeps along the shoreline that we could see.  Some of the birds were just too
distant to ID. -----Mark Peterson
Colorado Springs