Hi, I am a birder from Texas and am new to the group. I am thinking about
making a five day trip to Colorado for a few target birds and would welcome
advice on when the best time to look for each species is and where my best
bet to find each would be. My targets are as follows:

Greater Sage-Grouse,
Gunnison Sage-Grouse,
Dusky Grouse,
White-tailed Ptarmigan,
Boreal Owl,
Northern Saw-whet Owl, and
Black Swift

I know the Black Swift is a summer time bird and best looked for starting
in June but my question is can the Sage-Grouse and Boreal Owl be reliable
be gotten in June? I would assume the Sage-Grouse are most easily viewed
while leking but would be off the lek by June. Or is this best done in two
trips one more in April/early May for the Sage-Grouse while they are on the
Lek and the Boreal Owl and the other trip in June for the Swift? Thank you
to everybody in advance for your advice,

Adam Wood
Houston, Tx.
birdsondabr...@gmail.com