Joann,
Good question!
I found this on the CFO webpage under "Next Convention." That's the place
to go for all the breaking convention news!

4/5/17: NOTE THAT GENERAL REGISTRATION IS NOT YET OPEN, but will be coming
soon. We have staged registration, in which some board members and trip
leaders are recruited to "test drive" the system, then current CFO members
will be notified by email when early registration opens, and a few days
after that general registration is available to all. Direct links to the
registration page will not appear until general registration starts. Please
note that information regarding lodging options, including the Colorado
Mountain College dorms and a discounted condos option, have been posted
below, in the "Lodging" document. When general registration occurs, that is
where you will find an active link to reserve dorm rooms. No dorm rooms can
be reserved until after registering for the convention, and can be done
only at our website -- please do not call the college with respect to any
dorm-related issues. Figuring out your dorm mates in advance will make
things a lot easier for both you and CFO -- this is our first time having
to take reservations for rooms, so your patience on that front is
appreciated. We have a nice slate of trips, leaders, presenters, and
keynote speaker lined up, and are expecting another great convention.

Joe Roller, Denver