I've had a white-thoated sparrow in my yard since last fall, but have only
seen him about 6 times.  Even when the white-crowneds (not many visits from
them...I just don't have a sparrow habitat) eat on the ground, out in the
open, under the feeders, the white-throated will usually hide at the edge
of the yard under shrubs; he will seldom come to the yard center.

 After not having seen him for three weeks, I saw him perched on a bush at
yard edge this afternoon.  I have watched his tan crown striping progress
to white.

 Two bushtits come to the suet feeder about once a week, so they are likely
nesting nearby.

 Karl Stecher
 Centennial/Arapahoe near Colorado Blvd and Orchard