<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-91a4vzyPHU8/WTdZ2dMTQwI/AAAAAAAAAII/QTT04y4kdt4xPFYx1qLPH0MIHF8MjTqAgCLcB/s1600/Eastern%2BKingbird%2Bwith%2Bwhite%2Beyebrow.jpg>

<https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AYo_uAtOTiw/WTdZg4WabzI/AAAAAAAAAIE/99WuPHtqVykJ_d9OmfUjQaDvDis_kX_nACLcB/s1600/Wood%2BDuck%2BPair%2BDuck%2BPond.jpg>
Hey all -

I went to Walden Ponds this afternoon, since it looked like it was going to
rain.  I figured the small birds would be less active if it started
raining.  Rain never materialized, but it was good to be out anyway.

There were quite a number of Eastern Kingbirds, ten or twelve scattered
around the area.  One of them I recognized from an earlier trip, it has an
unusual white "eyebrow" on one side of the head.  When I saw it a couple of
weeks ago, the white area was a little larger, giving it a funny,
unbalanced look.  Today, the white area looked like an eyebrow, it was
actually pretty well shaped.  I managed to get a few pictures of it, one is
posted here.

Other birds of interest were a couple of Blue-Winged Teal on Cottonwood
Marsh, several Wood Ducks, including a mom and seven babies on Cottonwood,
and a group of five males on a back pond and a pair on the Duck Pond.
Ebird thought fifteen was a few too many ...  a few Cedar Waxwings, several
Bullock's Orioles, a few Yellow-Breasted Chats, a Grey Catbird and a Common
Yellowthroat rounded out the birds of interest.

I also saw WAY too many of the Minnesota State Bird, the Hungry Mosquito.
I put on Deet about three times, and they were still biting me.  Time to
move up to a little higher elevation for my walks ...

Good Birding -

Jeff Parks
Boulder