The Golden-crowned Sparrow continued in my west Centennial (Arapahoe) yard
this morning (10/3). It's drawn to my catmint and, of course, the bird
seed. But it tends to come out only for short periods of time (3-5) minutes
and seems to take lengthy breaks in the brush. It waits out, too, the
squirrels, who are the first to arrive to new seed.

Also in the yard was a Green-tailed Towhee and a continuing, late
Black-chinned Hummingbird.

If the sparrow continues tomorrow, I'll be doing a small, trial run of
visitors, to see how my dogs (a Chihuahua-Terrier who contains multitudes
and a one-eyed Shih Tzu...quite a crew!) respond to people milling about
the yard as I work from home. If it goes well, I'll post about visiting.

- Jared Del Rosso
Centennial, CO