All,

I was on my fairly normal Monday work run around and stopped at Windsor
Lake for a brief moment.  Gulls and geese everywhere.  There were thousands
of geese.  Many Cacklers but mostly Canadas.  1 Snow x Canada hybrid.  I
re-found the Long-tailed Duck and the female Barrow's Goldeneye.  I had an
immature Glaucous Gull in the fray.  I attached photos to my Ebird
checklist.  I actually think there was also an Adult Glaucous as well and
when it flew over  I noted no black primaries and the bird was huge but I
could not rule out Glaucous-winged based on the lighting. I could not
re-find the bird.  Still some California Gulls around along with many
Herring Gulls.  I did have an adult Lesser Black-backed Gull that I have
seen off and on there for a couple of weeks.  This spot will probably
remain worthy of a good look at least until the freeze later this week.
Many Common Goldeneye and Common Mergs.  One female Hooded Merg was present
also.  Many loafing gulls on the ice shelf and logs on the west side of the
lake.  I'm sure I missed some goodies in my haste.

Bird is the word!

Josh Bruening
Fort Collins