Hi all

Today, to enjoy some snowy birding (well the remains of yesterday’s snow) I
headed out for a couple of hours birding locally

Highlights included:

15 BARROW’S GOLDENEYES – on the Roaring Fork river, viewed from the road bridge
on Catherine Store road
2 ROUGH-LEGGED HAWKS – between CR103 and the Powers Art Centre, above the north
side of hwy82, viewed distantly by telescope from NE side of town, they were
favouring the irrigation equipment for perches.
1 SNOW GOOSE on south side of town with the Canada Geese, by hwy133 near the
Fish Hatchery
1 NORTHERN SHRIKE adult – near CR103, at a private pond

Meanwhile Denise was teaching at the Snowmass ski area and reports ROSY FINCHES
again today (2nd day running) at the bird feeder at the top of the Village
Express lift.  About 30 late morning – probably mostly (or all) Brown-capped.

I will be doing a free bird tour there on Wednesday if any skiers or boarders
are in town and interested – 11am - meet by the feeder. Feel free to contact me
off line if you are interested

Good birding!

Best wishes

Dick Filby