I have been asked to provide more details for the location of this bird,
especially for those birders outside of Fort Collins. Running Deer Natural
Area is along East Prospect Road in Fort Collins. The parking lot is
off the south side of Prospect Road approximately 2/3 mile west of I-25.
Park in the front parking area and walk along the access road leading
straight south from the gate. Look for the tall empty nest pole on the
right-hand side of the access road out in the marsh. Walk until about 50
yards south of the empty nest pole and look to the south (left) of the pole
and west of the pole (away from the access road) for a small open patch of
water in the cattails. This patch is probably no more than 30-35 feet
across I would guess. The bird seems to like the west side of this open
patch of water.

Joe Mammoser
Fort Collins