In addition to the Buff-breasted Sandpiper, there were several other rare birds
sighted at Timnath reservoir this afternoon (Sep 4). A pair of Caspian Terns
rested on the south shoreline, one adult and one juvenile. An over-summering
Greater white-fronted goose was among Canada geese in the northeast corner.
Also in the northeast corner were two Cassin’s Kingbird, and a Gray flycatcher,
first reported yesterday by Andy Bankert.

And finally, as the light faded this evening in the northeast corner, I noticed
an odd Sandpiper that to me resembled a juvenile Semipalmated with a very short
bill. I think this is a possible juvenile Red-necked Stint. If I refind it, I
will try to photograph it and explain why it may be a Stint in this venue. A
Stint would be a vagrant from Asia, and a first state record, if corroborated.

Nick Komar
Fort Collins CO