Cobirders,

I have recently found HUNDREDS of my eBird checklists changed with no
notification to me.

1. All checklists prior to June 1, 2005, have had the protocol changed to
"Incidental" rather than travelling, etc. I have changed a few of these, but
the volume would make doing all of them too much.

2. Checklists flagged as having location problems, even though they are for an
eBird hotspot. I do have some that are too wide an area, e.g. county level, but
not many. All these were changed to "Incidental".

3. Checklists flagged as "List Building Checklists", whatever that is.

I have been an eBird user since it started, and it seems blanket changes of
checklists and telling me they are no longer available for public view without
notifying me and giving me a chance to fix a problem is defeating the purpose
of the original call for citizen science.

Have any of you had these or other problems? I have emailed eBird, but have
received no replies. Disappointing.

Mel Goff

Colorado Springs