I observed all 3 birds this afternoon from 1:45-2:15 from the north boat
launch. Originally, the birds appeared to be up against the dam adjacent
from the Marina Sand Spit but as boaters moved around the lake they moved
further toward the north where identifiable marks could be seen with
binoculars from the point at the boat launch.

Although identifiable marks could be seen that allowed me to compare the
larger, dark-morphed bird to the photos obtained by Mark, I'd love if
someone could help point out what features of the bird that can be seen
from a distance, or even in the photos, point toward Parasitic and not
Pomarine. I've had some experience with both, but the behavior I observed
today reminded me more of what I've seen from Pomarine. I'm sure someone
with more experience has a reason for the ID of Parasitic - can you please
share with the group? Is it the dark cinnamon undertail noted by Gregg?

Thanks,

Kevin DeBoer
Lakewood, CO