I had to close nets a little early today because of high winds, so I caught
a few less birds than usual. I banded 37 birds of 8 species, including the
season's first Golden-crowned Kinglet, which is not a very common capture
at the station. I also had 2 recaptured birds, a Brown Thrasher and a
Spotted Towhee.

Here is the summary of newly banded birds for the day:
Wilson's Warbler: 23
Ruby-crowned Kinglet: 3
Orange-crowned Warbler: 4
Golden-crowned Kinglet: 1
Chipping Sparrow: 1
Lincoln's Sparrow: 1
Gray Catbird: 2
Brown Thrasher: 2

You are welcome to visit the banding station. I'll be banding through the
first week of October and nets will be open 6 days a week (Monday through
Saturday). This week I am opening nets at 6:40 and banding until 11:40,
weather permitting.

Kim Geissler
Bander
Chico Basin Ranch Station