Attention - Something to keep an eye out for. This was taken from a blog
posting I get daily from a photographer friend in Utah:

Gunnison Island in the Great Salt Lake is the home to one of the largest
breeding colonies of American White Pelicans in North America and right now
those pelicans are on the move to their wintering grounds. Some of the
pelicans have already migrated and some are still hanging around freshwater
areas like Farmington Bay WMA and Bear River Migratory Bird Refuge.

Fifteen American White Pelicans from Gunnison Island have been fitted with
small backpacks that transmit their location every couple days. Some of
those pelicans have already migrated to California, Arizona, New Mexico,
Colorado, Kansas and Mexico. The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources has
set up a web site where the pelicans with those devices can be tracked, it
is called PeliTrack. I like going there just to see where these pelicans
are at least once a week during their migration.

The American White Pelicans banded and wing tagged from Gunnison Island
will have a green tag with a white alphanumeric code. On September 24th I
saw and photographed an American White Pelican resting at Glover Pond that
had green wing tags with the alphanumeric code 90K on it, I reported my
sighting to both John Neill at johnne...@utah.gov and reportband.gov

The pelican I reported was banded and wing tagged on Gunnison Island on
July 19, 2018 when it was too young to fly. I wonder where this pelican
will go for the winter and if I will ever see it again, even if I don’t
perhaps someone else will and will report the sighting too.

So what is needed to report a banded and wing tagged American White Pelican?

Date, location, tag code, tag color, code color and it would be awesome if
photos were included, quality doesn’t matter as long as the tag and code is
visible, then report that information to John Neill at johnne...@utah.gov
and/or reportband.gov. <http://reportband.gov/> It is really that simple.

The data that these sightings provide help biologists understand the
movements and life history of our American White Pelicans. Bird
photographers, birders, nature watchers and citizen scientists can help out
by reporting all banded birds including our Gunnison Island American White
Pelicans.