I spent the morning birding around some local places in Littleton and western
ARA. I primarily explored places that I rarely visit or that were new to me. It
was all quite productive!

Cooley Lake on S Platte on Mineral:
5200 or so Cackling Geese incl a very washed out, light tan bird.
1 Ross’s x Cackling hybrid
1 Ross’s goose

There was a nice diversity of birds around the Nature Center, incl. a
Yellow-rumped Warbler, which now doesn’t flag as rare in Arapahoe Co for a bit
longer. I’ve been tweaking eBird filters.

W Long Dr, N of McLellan Rez where the Pine and Palm Warblers have been
recently:
I briefly saw the Palm twice. I didn’t find the Pine but birds were coming and
going pretty fast and I could easily have missed it. About 10 yellow-rumped
warblers were moving around and a late Ruby-crowned Kinglet was mixed in. A big
flock of Bushtits was roaming around with some chickadees. Lots of bird
activity where the list is plotted.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50444471

I also birded south of Lee Gulch at St Mary’s Catholic Church and had 2 Hermit
Thrushes together. A late (?) or hardy wintering Say’s Phoebe was at the
school.
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50444560

Cheers,
Scott Somershoe