Birders,
Those of us in far parts of the state appreciate knowing what's around. I like
having the opportunity to chase a bird if I want to, even though I have no
state list. When I visit friends on the Front Range, it's good to know what
birds are where.
That birders withhold information is, to me, antithetical to the spirit of
birding and smacks of elitism. Yes, birds might be stressed by having too many
people around, but it's hard to know how much difference this makes. Birds have
wings to go elsewhere. (Private property is another issue.)
I am grateful to all the people who work hard to get the information out there
and those who report their sightings.
Kent NelsonOuray