I found an adult Kumlien's Gull at the Larimer County Landfill this
afternoon.  I was mostly trying to take flight shots of gulls today, so I
was not super vigilant in checking the distant gulls resting on the top of
the landfill but I did not see anything out of the ordinary in my
occasional scans.  I did count at least 7 Lesser Black-backed Gulls in one
scan as well as 3 immature Thayer's Gulls.  On Wednesday I photographed a
first cycle gull that may have been an old world subspecies of Herring
Gull.  Some of our first cycle American Herring Gulls can show some white
in the base of their tail feathers, but this bird had extensive white in
its tail feathers as well as a paler rump, lighter coverts, and neater
markings on the back.

Photos of the Kumlien's Gull can be found on this eBird list:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50501579
Photos of the Herring Gull from Wednesday can be found on this eBird list:
https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S50449398

If you do visit the landfill, make sure you check in both at the scales at
the entrance as well as with the attendant (usually in a reflective vest)
at the top of the landfill.  I don't know the weekend hours, but during the
week the gulls are usually best from 9 AM to noon and from 2:30 to 4 PM.
Most of the gulls had left by 3:30 today which is unusual in both my
experience and according to the landfill attendant I talked to today.

Andy Bankert
Fort Collins