I just wanted to add a quick note that is really minor about listing. If
you do report your totals to the ABA you can count anything on the ABA
checklist in your state totals even if that species hasn't been accepted by
the state records committee.  That means for ABA, you can count Pink-footed
and Barnacle Goose if, in your own personal best judgement, you think they
arrived unassisted by man.  You cannot count Rufous-collared Sparrow since
that does not appear on the ABA checklist.  For ABA, you can even count
Mute Swan if you see one you believe is a stray from the countable
populations in the Midwest.  I still think that using the official state
list is a better way to keep track, but I just wanted to clarify for anyone
using ABA's listing rules.

Andy Bankert
Fort Collins