Hi Everyone, I took a week and some to drive from Longmont to Ohio and back to
catch a swath of migration. I'm now back in Colorado. I entered at Holly and
stopped at the rest area. It was cold, windy, and rainy, but there were some
birds about, notably four Harris's Sparrows in different flocks. Someone has
put out bird seed, and many sparrows came out to feed. One of the Harris's
Sparrows sang while he ate. (So, yes, he sounded the way you'd expect if you
sing with food in your mouth.) I then drove to Lamar Community College, where I
ran into Duane Nelson. Between the two of us, we found Worm-eating Warbler,
Northern Waterthrush, Yellow-throated Vireo, Gray Catbird, and Least
Flycatcher. Later, I ran into the Teutons, and we found a Plumbeous Vireo with
yellow-rumps. I heard a Veery, but did not see it. Mark Miller Longmont, CO
(now in Lamar)Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, an AT&T 5G Evolution
capable smartphone