This morning I observed and photographed an adult plumage Least Tern at San
Luis Lake (Alamosa County). This is only the 4th record for the San Luis
Valley.

Otherwise, the lake had Eared Grebes, Willow Flycatcher,  Wilson's Warbler,
Cinnamon teal, Gadwall and Ruddy Ducks.

The San Luis Valley is experiencing a surge of Willow Flycatchers in the
past week. They can be seen doing their "fitz bews" in most covers around
the San Luis Valley. I feel that the weather patterns have slowed migration
a bit and that many higher elevation habitats are still snow covered or
late to leaf out.

John Rawinski
Monte Vista, CO