Hello, this morning I experienced a male blue jay protecting a tree from
other males. After he had won the battle he went to the feeder got some
peanuts and went back to his tree. As he sat at the very top of the tree he
started to bounce up and down and make a rattling sound. I have never seen
anything like this before, even after 14 years of watching them. Does
anyone know why he was doing this? Why is it not on ebird or Audubon?